- Print out Patterns. Cut along the dashed lines.
- Cut out mountain and folding strip and front of card.
- Glue the mustard seed to the center of the wording on the front
of the card. Glue the front of the card to the top.
- Fold the folding strip along the lines.
- Tape the folding strip to the inside fold so that the card will
open and close smoothly.
- Glue the mountain to the front of the folding strip.
In the scriptures we find that Jesus often used parables as an
effective teaching tool. A parable has been defined as an earthly
story with a heavenly meaning. It encompasses the use of ordinary
things we encounter in everyday life to make an extraordinary spiritual
One such parable was that of the mustard seed recorded in three
of the gospel accounts (Matthew 13:31, -32; Mark 4:30-32; Luke 13:18,19).
Jesus uses a mustard seed, something which his audience would be
very familiar with, to describe how quick and far reaching the growth
of God's spiritual kingdom would be. The mustard seed is indeed
one of the smallest of seed when sewn, but it is capable of growing
into a plant some fifteen feet in length in a very short time. When
we read about the growth of the church in the first eight chapters
of the Book of Acts, the significance of this parable can be easily
realized... Continued on Next Page